18. The Lizzie Bennet Diaries - Bernie Su

If you're on the internet a lot then maybe you've heard of the Lizzie Bennet Diaries? It's a youtube "vlog" series by a young univeristy student who starts making videos about her life and family as part of her mass communications degree. It's not real, it was created by Hank Green and is a sort of modern retelling of Pride and Prejudice.

Anyway, I'd never seen any of the videos and so when this popped up I decided to download it. It's a "handwritten" diary by Lizzie which goes along side the videos, giving a bit of behind the scenes and whatnot but basically tells the same story overall.

We're introduced to her parents and sisters and go along with them while they fall in love and experience lifes ups and downs. Lizzie's mum is obsessed with her daughters marrying rich men and at a wedding, older sister Jane just happens to meet one!

DON'T TELL ANYONE but I've not read any Jane Austen, so I'm not 100% with the story of Pride and Prejudice but I did read the one with the zombies...basically Darcy is a dick but he turns out not to be and they fall in love at the end.

I actually really enjoyed this book. For a quick reading teenage-y novel it kept me interested and as someone who watches youtubers quite a bit, it was relevant to me. I might give the videos a go but it would feel kind of repetitive as I know the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment