44. People I Want to Punch in the Throat - Jen Mann


I don’t know who Jen Mann is but I related to the title of this book - don’t we all have people we’d like to punch in the throat? According to the blurb, Mann has no filter, so I was looking forward to an honest collection of essays that would amuse me and allow me to relate to them. 


Being honest - I’m writing this review a few months after I read this, and I don’t remember it. That says it all doesn’t it? I remember quite liking it, and finding some of the stories amusing, if not entirely relatable as a lot were to do with her kids and their play groups, her married life and neighbours which I don’t have experience in so my amusement was slightly removed. But I could not tell you exactly what happens in any of these stories. Not one. I think that stands all by itself that this book was kind of good, but not at all memorable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment